The winners of the PAVE the Way 3D Design Challenge. The contest drew a record 190 student entries in 2011.
The PAVE Rising Star Award recognizes the best and brightest young professionals in our industry.
help shape the
future of retail
As a company, Leggett takes great pride in our heritage and the work we're currently doing to advance the interests of our clients. But we also recognize that the future of our company and our industry won't be in our hands forever, but in the hands of those who come after us. That's why Leggett contributes to PAVE (the Planning And Visual Education Partnership) and its support of students entering the retail environment industries.
"PAVE is coming off a very successful year, in the support we provided students and our fundraising activities," says Denise Waldo, a PAVE board member and Leggett Vice President, Business Development.
Among the PAVE highlights of 2011 cited by Waldo were:
- A record 495 entries to the 17th Annual Student Design Competition
- The PAVE the Way 3D Design Challenge received 190 entries — also a record
- Awards of $12,000 were provided to students in need through the Student Aid Program
- Contributions were provided by PAVE to help advance vital programs at FIDM/ Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising and the Savannah College of Art and Design-Atlanta
- Donations totaling $76,000 for student scholarship funds were raised during the ARE (the Association for Retail Environments) Convention
Over the last three years PAVE's financial support to students and schools has increased 300%. While that bodes well for both students and our industry, there's still more we can do. Whether it's your time or money, any contribution that you or your organization can make to PAVE will be greatly appreciated.
"One way for any company in the industry to begin, or continue, their support is through sponsorship of the 2012 PAVE Gala" suggests Waldo, who is Co-Chair for the event. The Gala will be held December 5 at Cipriani Wall St. in New York. The event sold out last year, so the committee encourages interested companies to sign up early. Anyone interested in more information can contact Waldo directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or inquire through the PAVE website www.paveinfo.org.